Giovedì 14 febbraio nell’aula Convegni degli edifici di Ingegneria si conclude ufficialmente l’edizione 2018 dell’Amazon Innovation Award, il contest promosso dalla multinazionale di Seattle e che vede in competizione team di studenti di tre atenei italiani: il Politecnico di Torino, il Politecnico di Milano e – ovviamente – l’Università degli Studi di Roma “Tor Vergata”.
È la seconda edizione del contest e quest’anno la sfida lanciata agli studenti riguarda lo sviluppo di idee innovative finalizzate all’efficientamento delle operations all’interno dei fulfillment centers di Amazon, come quello di Passo Corese, aperto appunto a inizio 2018 nel Centro Italia.
“L’Amazon Award si è confermata una iniziativa estremamente interessante per gli studenti, a cui hanno partecipato con entusiasmo” commenta il prof. Massimiliano Schiraldi, referente a Tor Vergata per Amazon e tutor per gli studenti del contest. “I ragazzi hanno ideato interessanti soluzioni nell’ambito del warehousing e del material handling: alcune di queste erano assolutamente innovative e originali. Sono molto soddisfatto di quello che ho potuto vedere”.
Il contest ha visto gli studenti impegnati per due mesi, da inizio ottobre 2018 a inizio dicembre. “Il tempo non è stato molto, devo ammettere – continua Schiraldi – questo ha anche un po’ disincentivato la partecipazione. Alcuni studenti che si erano inizialmente registrati alla gara non sono riusciti a consegnare in tempo. Alla fine si tratta di progetti complessi e la necessità di sintetizzare il tutto in massimo sei pagine richiede comunque uno sforzo addizionale. Ci sono studenti che hanno riprogettato un modello di centro distributivo ex-novo”.
Alla cerimonia di premiazione del 14 febbraio interverranno anche i reclutatori di Amazon, per illustrare le posizioni aperte in azienda, per dare indicazioni sul processo di selezione e suggerimenti per i colloqui. “Speriamo si decidano anche ad annunciare la nuova edizione dell’Award! – conclude il professore – Gira voce che per il round 2019 è possibile che il contest venga allargato anche a studenti dell’ultimo anno delle lauree triennali e dottorandi di ricerca. Sarebbe molto più interessante e coinvolgente”.
Ingegneria Tor Vergata ha un legame particolare con Amazon. Per questo dà spazio a queste recentissime richieste.
Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You’ll find it in every team across our company.
Every day across the world we develop the ideas, the services and the products that make life easier for tens of millions of customers. From providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon is a place of invention and progressive thinking.
Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand at Amazon is growing. And to meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we’re growing our Operations team across Europe.
Delivering hundreds of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, our Operations teams possess a wide range of skills and experience. These range from business analysis and inventory management, to team leadership, engineering, transportation and retail. Our network of Fulfilment Centres is supported by Operations Managers, Support Managers, Senior Operations Managers and Team Managers. Between them they take responsibility for the receipt and stowing of inventory, picking, packing and shipping, to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it.
Whatever your background or current area of expertise, if you’re motivated by results and driven enough to achieve them, Amazon is a great place to be. We’re all about flexibility: we expect you to adapt to changes quickly and we encourage you to try new things and take your career down different paths. Because it’s only by coming up with new ideas and challenging the status quo that we can continue to be the most customer-centric company on Earth.
About the Graduate role:
Amazon is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic graduates to join the fast paced world of Logistics in Italian Operations as a Graduate Area/Shift Manager. This will be a permanent role from day one with structured onboarding and plenty of training and support.
– Area Manager – permanent contract job: https://www.amazon.jobs/fr/jobs/758031/graduate-responsabile-di-produzione-area-manager-leadership-program-italy
Whatever your background, if you love gathering massive amounts of data and finding out the exact trend that can be acted upon to reduce cost and/or improve efficiency, reporting, forecasting and building KPI dashboards that will support an entire business in their decision making process, improving accuracy and automating tools and processes to contribute in making your team extremely reliable and efficient; and if you are motivated by results and driven enough to achieve them, Amazon is a great place to be. Because it’s only by coming up with new ideas and challenging the status quo that we can continue to be the most customer-centric company on Earth, we’re all about flexibility: we expect you to adapt quickly to all the changes around you, and we encourage you to try new things.
Amazon is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic students to join our unique world as interns. An Amazon EU internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our activities.
– Finance internship: https://www.amazon.jobs/fr/jobs/752224/internship-data-analysis-for-finance-m-f
Qui di seguito le offerte di tirocinio che Amazon propone al Placement di Ateneo http://placement.uniroma2.it/?p=7844 e che qui per maggior comodità riproponiamo
Amazon seeks a talented Finance Analyst Intern to join the recently launched within the Italian Operations Finance team. This is an exciting opportunity that blends an individual’s passion for e-commerce and finance, while supporting one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon. This role will be a highly visible position supporting our Operations team and is meant to work with several internal customers both in Operation and Retail at all levels of the organization.
Your core activities will include:
· Improve and automate daily, weekly and monthly reporting
· Maintain and improve P&L planning model
· Dive deep into Operations and processes to identify existing and upcoming weaknesses, providing data to facilitate improvement and economic efficiency
· BA/BS degree in finance, business, economics, engineering, or related quantitative field
· Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to details and exceptional organizational skills
· Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
· Proven capacity to work as a team and to prioritize workload
· Willing to act in the best interest of the customers
· Fluency in Italian and English
· Proven experience in Excel
· Experience doing quantitative and/or financial analysis
· Advanced Excel skills (Macro, PowerPivot..) and SQL are a plus
Amazon Advanced Technologies is seeking a talented and motivated Engineering student to join the Global Team. The candidate will have the opportunity work with senior engineering staff on existing and new modules and systems. The ideal candidate has strong mechatronic, mechanical and or robotics aptitude, enjoys problem solving and can potentially handle multiple parallel tasks.
Your responsibilities: · Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to design and analyze mechanisms, modules or systems · Lead prototype development and design reviews · Conduct testing · Define requirements for, specify and find components for prototype parts · Model and detail solutions in hand sketches and SolidWorks · Study installation layout on AutoCAD · Build models and prototypes · Support staff writing specifications and plans
- We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
- You are currently working towards a 2+ year’s university degree in Engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanical/Electrical or Electronics engineering, Robotics, Computer Engineering, Machine Learning, Computer Science or a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You must have the right to work in the country you are applying for.
- Experience in the design and debugging of large scale software applications.
- Proficiency in two or more programming languages such as Java, PHP, Python, C, MySQL, etc.
Preferred Job Requirements:
- Experience in controlling actuators using sensors with programmed embedded systems
- Hands on experience with the ability to craft simple proof-of-concept models